Franchise owners are perhaps one of the most interesting groups of people, as they have a knack for entrepreneurship and likely thrive off of the thrill of opening a new business. As a group, these individuals may have certain character traits, qualities and habits that make them more fit for franchise opportunities.
Here are five sustainable and long term habits that most franchisees have and how they influence their impact in their franchise network.
1. They are hard workers and willing to put in the hours to make their dreams come true. Most people who own a franchised business are willing to roll up their sleeves and do the dirty work, especially in their first few months of business. It’s important to understand that franchising is a fun and exciting new opportunity (and one that could literally change the trajectory of your life) but it also can be hard work. If you like to work hard and reap the rewards of that hard work, franchising may be a great fit for you!
2. Franchisees all have one thing in common: they are fans of the franchise business model and lean into it. Sure, different franchise networks have different business models but the concept of franchising remains the same. If you are interested in jumping into a business with structure in place and systems that are previously established for you, franchising makes sense for you! Entrepreneurs that get involved in franchise models are able to jump into the business model of the network they have chosen and work as though they are running their own business, while staying within the parameters given to them by their franchisor. This can be best described as the ability to be independent workers, while staying rigid and focused on the long term goals.
3. Great franchisees are team leaders at heart and look to inspire their employees on a daily basis. There’s an old saying that you are only as good as your team and in this case -- it’s true! For starters, franchisees should take the time to get to hire the right people for their business and ensure that they fit in the company culture. Once they have been brought on board, it is ultimately up to the leader of the team to motivate their employees, build relationships with them and give them the platform they need to grow as both individuals and employees of the company. It’s important to build strong teams filled with even stronger brand ambassadors.
4. What sets an okay franchisee from a great one is that great franchisees will have the drive to constantly improve. It can be so easy to get swept up in the monotony of day to day tasks, but a franchise owner that thinks outside the box and truly wants to succeed will take time to think of new ways to level up time and time again. It doesn’t matter if the issue is big or small, a truly remarkable franchise owner is never satisfied with their performance and are continuously looking for ways to get better. Whether that’s by seeking out management feedback from their team or approaching problems head-on with different solutions, the point is this: they are not stagnant.
5. Perhaps one of the most important things that sets one business owner apart from another: passion. What do we mean when we say the word ‘passion’ you may ask? Well, it can mean a few different things. Well, simply put the franchisee should be passionate about what he/she is choosing to do with their time, energy and money. If they are passionate about their work, it will show and their business will reap the benefits of that. If a franchise owner lacks enthusiasm about what they are doing day in and day out, ultimately they will get burnt out and stop loving their job. At the end of the day, franchising is a great opportunity to take control of your future by incorporating what you love to do with your career and you spend far too much time at work to hate it!
The age old saying of “do what you love and you will never work a day in your life” has stuck around for years for a reason -- it rings true to a lot of people. While you may not enjoy every moment of every single day of your career, it is important that you generally love what you are doing and you feel proud of the career path you have chosen. Becoming a franchise owner and learning into the qualities and characteristics that you are given can help you not only become a successful business owner, but one that actually enjoys what you are doing day in and day out!
If you found yourself agreeing with the five qualities we have mentioned above, it may be time to look into your next career move: franchising! F45 Training is actively seeking out new franchise owners to continue our rapid growth within the fitness industry. We are looking for people who are ready to make a change and are eager to learn more about how they can up-level their life.
Interested in learning more about this opportunity? Please reach out to us and a member of our team will be in contact with you shortly. We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you into our F45 franchise network!