If you are on the hunt for your next career move, whether it’s leaving your current role or an additional investment in your portfolio, you are likely doing your due diligence to find the right opportunity. It’s important to find the right fit for you, your lifestyle and the goals you are wishing to achieve.
You’ll want to ensure that you feel confident about the new opportunity before signing on the dotted line and moving forward. After all, this could potentially change the trajectory of your life.
So, how will you know when you’ve found the right fit? Well, it may be different for different people, as we all have different goals and priorities. It may be a gut feeling telling you that the franchisor you’ve found is best for you, or perhaps you will rely solely on the hard evidence and data.
Whatever it is, it’s important to recognize a great opportunity when you see one. That’s why we’ve put together this list of 5 signs that may indicate you’ve found a great franchisor (and you may want to act quickly and accordingly!)
- 1. Your lifestyle and goals align with the company's product itself. Of course, millions of people go to work day in and day out to help sell or market products and services that they themselves may not have a connection to, and they do it well. However, we firmly believe that you spend too much time at work to not love or enjoy what you are doing! Before stepping into this franchise community you’ve found, ask yourself if you: believe in the company's products, can speak to the services/products offered and have a passion for the industry you are considering going into.
- 2. The company’s values align with yours, both personally and professionally. It’s important to remember that when you sign on the dotted line, you are marrying yourself with this franchisor. This means that you should likely feel really great about the company values (what they stand for or how they give back to the community), how they deliver their products/services and how they treat their clients or customers. If you choose to go into business with this particular company, you will be an extension of their morals and beliefs, and vice versa. Make sure you feel really comfortable and confident in your ability to stay true to yourself during this next chapter.
- 3. The industry has proven to be lucrative, pivotal and full of potential. Of course, it goes without saying that you will want to spend your time and hard earned money going into an industry that will give you the most return on your investment. When considering a franchisor, ask yourself what the industry has done in the past few years to prove that it can withstand the test of time and change, as well as whether the company itself has proven to be successful within their industry. Has the company itself grown over the years? Is the industry just a fad that will die out over time, or is it something that has been integrated into society for generations past and to come? Both the company and the industry should stand firm and strong and prove to pivot when (or if) needed.
- 4. The franchisor does more than just take your money, they offer you support every step of the way. This feels like a given to some people, but it’s important to be aware of what sets apart a decent franchisor from a great one. A great franchisor, and one that you want to be in business with, will offer you support from the moment you inquire about their franchising opportunities all the way up until you are a seasoned franchisee and beyond! They may help you with your franchise's marketing efforts, accounting practices or hiring best practices. Whatever it is that they have to offer, it’s important that you feel supported by the franchisor. WIthout that support, you are merely setting yourself up for a new adventure that could potentially be catastrophic. You deserve support, don’t settle for anything less!
- 5. You should feel good about this investment and excited for this next chapter, not scared! Again, for some people this is a no brainer, but for others it may not be as cut and dry. Before fully committing to a new franchising opportunity, it is important that you ask yourself why you are doing this and if you are getting a positive gut feeling from this situation or not. If not, what is your head (and heart) telling you that you aren’t listening to? At the end of the day, you should feel really great about his investment and ready for your next adventure. It’s completely normal to feel nervous, as this is something new and those feelings are valid, but you should never feel a sense of dread when it comes to your new investments or career.
Although these are not the only signs that you’ve found the right fit for your franchising career or investment, we feel they are a great place to start. Ultimately, only you can determine when you feel ready to jump into a new opportunity, and you can be the judge of who that opportunity is with. Using these 5 tips will hopefully help you when making your decision and during your due diligence process. In the end, only you can be the judge of whether you feel ready to move forward with this next chapter of your life or not.
Here at F45 Training, we believe in being transparent with our potential franchise owners from the moment they inquire about our franchises. We have carefully put together a team of individuals whose sole purpose with the company is to guide you through the due diligence process. Together, we will uncover your goals (both personal and professional), assess if we are aligned and move through the process towards becoming an F45 franchisee. We are dedicated to being there for our franchise owners and potential owners from day one and in any way possible.
If you feel ready to jump into a conversation about the F45 opportunity and the F45 network, simply reach out to us today by filling out an inquiry form. A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to speaking with you!