7 Signs You Hate Your Job
“I hate my job.” is a sentence that is unfortunately muttered daily by millions of people around the world. Often times, it’s heard when the alarm goes off for the first time in the morning, or in the heat of the moment during a tense work shift.
Sure, it’s normal to have some feelings of frustration or contempt towards your job every now and then. It’s also completely normal to have ‘bad days’ where you just feel overwhelmed and ready for your work day to end.
But at what point do those feelings go from ‘normal’ to unsettling or an issue that needs to be addressed? When is it time to say ‘enough is enough’ and find a new job? Let’s explore a few ways that may indicate actually hate your job, as opposed to just feeling temporarily burnt out.
- 1. You wake up in the morning with a sense of dread to go into work. Every now and then, it’s okay to feel like you would rather hit the snooze button then go into work, but if it’s becoming the norm for you, this is a sign you are probably generally unhappy.
- 2. Your feelings towards your job, co-workers, boss and company are generally negative — and that doesn’t really change. Again, as we mentioned, it’s normal to have those ‘off days’ but when you are constantly in a state of unhappiness when it comes to the different aspects of your job, that’s when it becomes a problem.
- 3. You have zero motivation while at work — seriously. We’re talking about more than just the Monday blues, where you may take an extra cup of coffee and an additional 30 minutes to get going on your tasks. If you find yourself really struggling to complete your work tasks because you simply aren’t motivated enough to do so, this is a huge red flag that should be taken seriously!
- 4. Your skills are being underutilized. If you are finding yourself constantly disappointed by your boss or company underutilizing the skills in which you are proud to have and are interested in using, this is also a sign that you may not be in the right place.
- 5. Your unhappiness is impacting your life outside of work. It’s important to have a work life balance. If your unhappiness in the workplace is impacting your personal life and life outside of the four walls of your office, it’s important to take a step back and reevaluate your career. You deserve to have a career that fuels your happiness rather than robs you of it.
- 6. Financially, you are struggling, and it’s starting to become an issue. Everyone deserves to have financial security and stability. If you find that your job has increased the expectations of you, without increasing your pay, or perhaps that you are underpaid for what you are doing — it’s time to move on and find a job that will pay you for your worth!
- 7. You aren’t feeling passionate about your work and you’re missing that ‘fire’ inside of you. Like we’ve mentioned previously, every single work week will not be filled with rainbows and sunshine — but generally, you should feel really good about the work you are doing. If you feel like your passion for your job has dwindled and the fire that you once felt (or maybe never felt at all) has died, it may be time to find another line of work. You truly spend too much of your time at work to hate it or not find it fulfilling enough. Loving your job is not overrated and in fact, it can greatly improve the quality of your life!
Do you find yourself saying ‘that sounds like me’ when reading this? If so, you are not alone. But what can you actually do about it, you may ask?
Well, for starters it’s important to know that it truly is never too late for you to land your dream job. Just because you feel temporarily stuck in a position where you are unhappy and unmotivated does not mean that you have to stay there forever! Once you accept this and set your sights on finding your next career move, opportunity awaits.
Next, we encourage you to reflect inwards and try to determine what career path you want to take in this next chapter of your life. Do you want to get into a new industry completely? Are you in an industry that you love, but want to level-up in terms of what job you are doing? Either way — take the time to do your due diligence and research and then get started! It’s never too late to put feelers out there and speak with professionals in your area of interest!
Lastly, if you find yourself wondering what it would be like to own your own business, become your own boss and make a difference in your community through health and fitness — F45 Training may have a great solution for you! We are actively seeking out people who are interested in becoming franchisees within our network and we’d love to connect with you!
Interested in learning more? Simply reach out to us today and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss our business opportunities!
At the end of the day, we spend too much time at our jobs to hate what we do. Don’t you want to give your life and career purpose? Let us help you make that dream a reality!