COVID-19 has taken hold of our society. People everywhere are scrambling to figure out how they can minimize their risk of getting the novel coronavirus, while still maintaining some sort of normalcy in their daily routines. It is a challenging and delicate situation we are facing as a human race. What has become increasingly clear as time unfolds is that while the virus is unpredictable, there are a few things that are very important during COVID-19.
Physically speaking, exercise may have the ability to help fight against viruses. According to the American College of Sports Medicine, exercise can actually help boost immunity by producing high levels of glucocorticoids, such as cortisol. When individuals spend time working out, their bodies respond by releasing and mobilizing immune cells that will fight against anything in the body that doesn’t belong there, such as a virus. While there’s absolutely no guarantee that exercising can 100% fight off COVID-19, there’s a chance that someone who moves more often is in better condition to fight off illnesses than someone who is sedentary or overweight.
Individuals who are likely to make time for daily exercise may also have the healthy habits needed to remain on the list of people who are lower at risk for developing COVID-19 complications. This does not mean they are immune, but rather may have a slight leg up over their counterparts that do not focus on healthy habits the way they do.
Emotionally and mentally speaking, exercising can do a person wonders when he or she is facing stay-at-home orders during the COVID-19 pandemic. Working out has countless positive benefits, especially during a pandemic. When individuals commit to spending anywhere between 30-45 minutes on physical activity, they are giving themselves a window of time to commit to their health. Benefits of exercise during the stay-at-home orders includes, but is not limited to:
- Boosted mood
- A chance to unplug from the media or work and focus solely on working out
- Improved sleep patterns
- Some sort of normalcy when returning to a workout routine that was honored before quarantine
- Improved focus throughout the day
- More emphasis on healthy habits throughout the day, such as proper nutrition, positive self-talk and a general healthier lifestyle
- Improved outlook on the current situation
- One may think, 'How can I continue to work out in my home with the same intensity that I did before quarantine?' Although it may seem impossible to do, it is not only possible, but easy! F45 Training's new At-Home solution allows people to work out with the same intensity and grit that they would in-studio, but from the comfort of their homes! F45 At-Home Workouts give members the ability to unplug for 45 minutes a day and focus on improving their overall health, wellbeing and mental clarity. Not only is this a great workout, but it gives people the ability to feel like they are back to their normal routines while still doing their part in staying home to save lives.
Although exercise is not a magical fix for the current situation we are in and cannot be a sure-fired defense against COVID-19, it can bring a magnitude of benefits during this time. Of course, it is important to seek out medical attention if you believe that you have contracted COVID-19 and continue to rest your body per your medical professional's advice. Working out and staying active can help you fight to stay healthy, remain healthy and maintain a positive mindset during a chaotic time. F45 is here for you when you would like to put your health and wellness first.
This article is intended for informational purposes only and is in no way giving medical advice that is meant to be honored during the COVID-19 pandemic.