How Entrepreneurs Can Improve Their Mental Health and Wellbeing
Entrepreneurs and business owners are constantly trying to balance their demanding work schedules with their personal lives, leaving them susceptible to feeling like they may ‘crash and burn’ over time. It can be incredibly overwhelming for them to prioritize their mental health and wellbeing, as well as give enough effort to the other aspects of their life that demand their undivided attention.
If this sounds like something you can relate to, we encourage you to keep reading. We want to share a few tips with you on how you can improve your mental health, wellbeing and overall ensure you have a healthy mentality day in and day out.
Calvin Rosser, a seasoned entrepreneur and Princeton graduate, gathered 25 tips from entrepreneurs that come from different backgrounds and are currently in business in various industries. We’ve extracted a few of our favorite tips and put our own spin on them below. Keep reading to learn more!
- Self-care is important, but what it looks like also varies from person to person. If you are feeling overwhelmed and in need of some mental health ‘TLC,’ try checking in and asking yourself what you need. Do you need to schedule some time on your schedule to do nothing but take yourself for a nice calm walk in nature? Would you thrive off of taking a day off and delegating all of your duties to a coworker? Whatever self-care looks like for you, take the time to practice it and ENJOY IT!
- Take time to establish and practice a morning routine that will boost your productivity. Your day will get chaotic quickly when you arrive at the office, but that doesn’t mean you have to neglect your mental health before you clock in for the day. Try finding a routine that works for you and sets you up for a successful day, filled with gratitude and a healthy mindset. Just like self-care, this will vary from person to person and should be tailored to your needs!
- Take a deep breath, both literally and figuratively. Remember that the feeling of being overwhelmed and stressed is only temporary and that you are strong enough to get through these tough times. When you need an extra boost to calm you down and keep your mind as bay, try meditation! Remember to breathe and focus on the positives you have in your life, such as your health, the opportunity to own your own business and the idea you’re alive! Lean into the moment just appreciate what you have!
- Lean on your support system when you need them the most. Whether it’s by delegating tasks to your employees or simply having a vent session with your friends or family, try giving people the opportunity to support you! Whatever makes you feel better at the end of the day and alleviates some stress for you will be great for your mental health and wellbeing in the long run.
- Recognize, draw and set clear-cut boundaries for yourself. We know that owning your own business can have some tough days, but they don’t always have to snowball into a huge event that negatively impacts your mental health. Try setting some clear boundaries for yourself, such as stopping all work related tasks by 8pm every night, and remember to stick to them! Boundaries are important to keep your work life balance.
At the end of the day, your mental health and wellbeing is the most important thing in the world. We know your business is important to you, but we encourage you to remember that your health and wellness should be prioritized every day as well. Not only will you feel better when you take care of yourself, your business may actually reap the benefits as well. After all, your business can only be as healthy and well-kept as it’s owner!
Are you ready to jump into the world of entrepreneurship and get involved in the fitness industry? F45 Training is here to guide you through the steps into making your dreams a reality! We are here for you every step of the way and provide support to all of our franchisees. Reach out to us today and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon to discuss your goals and how we can potentially work together to make them happen!