“Long term career goals are milestones that you set for yourself to achieve in the long term, not in a few weeks or months, but years. They are the key to keeping you focused on your career path. Consider them the blueprint to helping you achieve the outcomes you want to see in your life.
Long term career goals put you on the right track for success, and they also demonstrate to employers what path you are on and where you are heading.”
These goals are different from the ones that you set for yourself on a short-term basis, such as two, six or twelve month goals. Long term goals may vary in length depending on the person, but they all have the same theme in common: they give you and your career a purpose to push forward and something to work towards.
Examples of long term goals are as follows:
- - Becoming financially independent enough to achieve ‘XYZ’ goal
- - Becoming your own boss where you can establish your own schedule, career autonomy, etc.
- - Establishing yourself as a thought provoking leader in a particular industry
- - Serving as a mentor
- - Building a network of like minded individuals who challenge you as a professional
Once you have set your long term career goals, it is important to remember that it’s never too early to start working on achieving them! Sure, actually achieving some of them may be years down the road, but as the old saying goes ‘when you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.’ It’s best to start looking into career paths that will help set you up for success in the future, including how you can best achieve your career goals, both short and long term.
Becoming a part of a franchise network is one way to help set you up for success when it comes to achieving your goals. Although nothing is absolutely guaranteed, in a franchised business or otherwise, becoming a part of a franchise network can help propel you and your career forward in ways that you didn’t see possible.
Of course, it will vary from franchisor to franchisor based on the business model that they have established (and the industry that they are in), but here are a few ways in which you can achieve your long term career goals with the help of a franchisor.
- A franchise can help you become an established business owner, without you having to create a business plan from scratch. Joining a franchise network has its advantages and perks, especially if you are interested in running your own business but would like to buy into an existing business model that has been operating previously to you joining the company.
- When you buy a franchised business, you have the power to become your own boss -- and thus, the autonomy and freedom that comes with it. Think about what you want your day to day routine to look like. When you’re the boss, you can make those dreams come true!
- Having the support of the right franchisor can help you establish yourself as an authority figure in both your community and the industry in which you work in. Whether you are looking to establish yourself on a personal level or looking to help establish a brand, there’s no better way to do that than with the assistance of a franchise that has brand awareness and has previous notable success in the industry.
- When you join a franchise network, you have the ability to join like minded individuals who have the same goals as you do -- and you can network with them to help achieve your goals. Think about all of the wonderful people you would be missing out on meeting if you don’t join a franchise network. That would be a shame and who knows what kind of career goals you may miss out on if you say no to this opportunity.
- When you become the boss, you can have the opportunity to shift your focus onto bigger and more important things, such as mentoring someone. This will vary based on your personal goals, but it is important to note that you have the ability to shift your focus from the menial daily tasks of business to the high level things that may interest you more! What could be better than running a business you truly love and getting to do something you have always wanted to do on a daily basis?
When it comes to setting goals, it is important to put both short term and long term ones on your vision board. Having both in mind will help you push yourself towards becoming the best version of yourself both personally and professionally.
When it comes to achieving your long term goals, remember that you have the opportunity to not only check tasks off of a list, but the chance to set yourself up for success long term at the same time. You can change the trajectory of your life by getting involved in a franchised business that will allow you to flourish. Your future self will thank you. What are you waiting for?
Reach out to us today to discuss how F45 can possibly help you achieve your goals. We’d love to speak with you!